Hide Search Bar

Twitter Wall

@bmatstemclose

18/05/19

The BMAT STEM Academy Retweeted
Quality First

Taylor (our Quality First Administration ) is supporting Team in making exciting plans to host 6 students in June at - excellent work 👍. Big thank you to for her expertise and support 😁 https://t.co/rRA8qrayRU

16/05/19

🥐🥖☕️

16/05/19

Celebrating computer science exam finishing with a cheeky whole school icecream in the sun. https://t.co/V0QaiGKmae

10/05/19

Our brand new team!! Well done to all involved. You were amazing https://t.co/A0ynPeshBZ

10/05/19

Is so proud today to interview the new STEM CREATOR team today#proud stay tuned for the results

08/05/19

The BMAT STEM Academy Retweeted
Ms Ganzhorn

👌😍 This is how I feel about my students at . They completed a higher listening by themselves then went through the answers and worked as a team to do it. They used their initiative and applied every skill we learnt and put them in practice by themselves..👌💪🇫🇷Proud🇫🇷 https://t.co/psyUQqxnHc

01/05/19

The BMAT STEM Academy Retweeted
Mr Andrew

Circular motion (a sneaky year 13 Physics practical) in year 10 https://t.co/ZtsdwHEbDR

01/05/19

The BMAT STEM Academy Retweeted
lisaV

Well done

01/05/19

The BMAT STEM Academy Retweeted
Mr Andrew

A great meeting today with , the 5 students who will be doing their internships from are really looking forward to it. Might be an idea to come in and meet and outline the expectations of the project!!

01/05/19

The BMAT STEM Academy Retweeted
Mr Andrew

A productive start for our Project Enthuse

04/04/19

The BMAT STEM Academy Retweeted
Mr Andrew

A really nice evening out with all the staff . Very lucky to work with lovely people.

04/04/19

Love this well done.

04/04/19

The BMAT STEM Academy Retweeted
Mr Andrew

Our entire catalogue of reading books can now be viewed at https://t.co/xtX4we70tp. All 543 books.

04/04/19

The BMAT STEM Academy Retweeted
Roydon Primary

Walnut Class were today for a day of computing. Thank you for having us again. https://t.co/BzqOAE33CT

28/03/19

The BMAT STEM Academy Retweeted
zippysworld.co.uk

Simply no end to the skills you learn at

28/03/19

He has even engineered a revision tie! https://t.co/P1SXfaa5Ru

28/03/19

The BMAT STEM Academy Retweeted
zippysworld.co.uk

Useful and enjoyable parents evening last night attitude, approach and results are awesome! You should all be proud (staff and students). So nearly perfect 👌🏼 https://t.co/o1VIEIF5cl

17/03/19

please contact in Harlow to see if we can assist with this badge

15/03/19

The BMAT STEM Academy Retweeted
Ms Ganzhorn

Different groups of learners competing against eachother ... Who won? Close call... https://t.co/9sRrKIbmpx

close

Outstanding Education

Supporting primary and secondary schools across Essex and North & East London, BMAT is a growing multi-academy trust with a singular vision: schools, teachers and pupils freed to succeed.

Visit BMAT

GCSE Engineering

The sky’s the limit. Engineering is an increasingly innovative and exciting area to work in. It affects every aspect of modern life – from skyscrapers to smart phones, cars to carrier bags.

The GCSE introduces students to a host of new technologies, helping them to gain practical skills and understanding to inspire a lifelong interest in engineering. It will particularly appeal to those who enjoy being creative, with an affinity for drawing, design, maths and problem-solving.

You will have the opportunity to work with Computer Aided Design and manufacturing software and hardware including 3D printers and scanners, CNC milling machines and lathes and laser cutters. You will work with a range of materials including metals, woods, plastics and smart materials.

Future prospects

  • Mechanical Engineering
  • Electronics Engineering
  • Automotive Engineering
  • Product Designer
  • CAD Draftsperson

Companies you will work with

  • GlaxoSmithKline
  • Raytheon
  • Pure Structures
  • Public Health England
  • Astro Lighting

Assessment

You will be assessed on your knowledge of engineering practice and theory. This will account for 60% of your grade. The remaining 40% of your mark will come from an extended project brief where you design, prototype and manufacture your own design to a set question from the exam board.

Next steps

You can continue your studies onto A-Level Design and Engineering courses at sixth form or College, or take up an apprenticeship.

Website Design By Cleverbox